Mortgage and Loan Education

Syndicate content

Arizona Loan Officer Schools

Written by Dana Hinders
Bookmark and Share

There are several paths for a job seeker interested in becoming an Arizona loan officer. Choosing the most appropriate training will depend upon the amount of time you have available, the amount of money you wish to invest, and the learning methods you find the most effective. Professional associations may also be able to assist you in finding the appropriate training to begin your career as a loan officer.

Many employers prefer to hire applicants with an undergraduate degree in a related field; some employers may even require advanced degrees for higher level positions. Some mortgage banks and brokerages offer training programs for experienced salespeople interested in beginning a second career as a loan officer. Job seekers may also choose to take print or internet-based correspondence courses to improve their chances of finding employment as a loan officer.

Before enrolling in any loan officer training school, review the curriculum to determine if the courses will provide you with the appropriate information. If you have previous banking experience or knowledge of lending process, you may not need to complete beginning level courses. It's also a good idea to ask about the loan officer school's placement services for graduates of their program. The most beneficial training programs will assist you in finding your first loan officer position.

Arizona Licensing Requirements

There are no licensing requirements for loan officers in Arizona. Loan officers who also wish to perform the activities of a mortgage broker must obtain a mortgage broker license from the State Banking Department. Requirements for this license include three years of related work experience and a $10,000 to $15,000 surety bond. Applicants must also pass a written exam that tests their knowledge of the lending process.

Bookmark and Share

AZ License

You must be licensed in order to be a loan officer in Arizona. The irony is that if you work for the big banks then it is not required. I think this article was written before licensing went into effect in 2010.