Class A Driving Job

Written by Kathleen Gagne
Bookmark and Share

If you want to get a Class A driving job to drive the big rigs, which are trucks over 30,000 pounds, you will have to get a Class A license. This requires special training in the handling of the truck and trailer. The training can take from six to ten weeks to complete. It may include classroom work and will definitely mean a lot of work in the field, much of it behind the wheel.

Drivers with Class A licenses are in huge demand because of the incredibly rapid growth of the trucking industry. When you get some experience driving the big rigs, you will be able to find a job quickly and may even have your choice of several jobs. Get as much training as you can, and have your resume ready.

Getting a Class A Driving Job

There are Class A jobs all over the Internet. In addition, you may be able to find a job through your commercial driving school. The Internet, however, can be a huge and successful resource when you're looking for a Class A job. There are websites that post thousands of loads each day at which you can find available jobs all over the country.

To get the details about any of these jobs that interest you, all you have to do is register on the site. Some sites charge a small fee for being able to access the contact information for posted jobs. They may also allow you to post your resume on their site where it may be viewed by hundreds of Class A driver recruiters. Remember that there are a lot of Class A jobs out there. Once you're trained, you should have no trouble finding the right one for you.

Bookmark and Share