Washington Dwi Attorneys

Written by Amy Hall
Bookmark and Share

Washington DWI attorneys are experienced in Washington DUI cases, and can help you get your case dismissed, or at least get the penalties reduced. This is important for people to realize because the Washington drunk driving penalties are harsh, and should not, ever, be taken lightly by anyone. It is possible in the state of Washington for a judge to impose a one year jail term on someone who has only one DUI arrest, and no further explanation is necessary.

Furthermore, with the help of some knowledgeable Washington DWI attorneys, you may be able to prevent the loss of your driver's license, which otherwise you would lose for 90 days after one offense, and possibly up to one year if found guilty. If you seek out an attorney and apply for a hearing within 30 days of your arrest, you may only lose your license for 90 days or less, instead of the entire year. A judge may also determine that you need to have an ignition interlock device put on your car, which is a device you must breathe into before you can start your car. If this device detects any alcohol on your breath, you cannot drive because it won't allow you to start your car.

Finding Washington DWI Attorneys Online

All of these penalties may sound too severe for someone who has never been arrested before for a DUI. This is why Washington DWI attorneys can help, because often times you can get off with much less imposing penalties, and in some cases, have your case dismissed altogether. DUI lawyers know the laws about drunk driving inside and out, and they can truly help you formulate a solid defense case before you step one foot in court.

Whether you had one drink and failed a field sobriety test, or you had three drinks and failed a breath test, you still have to face the consequences of a DUI arrest. These consequences can be extremely difficult to live with, and may impact your life from this point forward. Remember, a DUI arrest will stay on your record permanently in the state of Washington, so it makes sense to speak with a professional attorney who can help you with these challenges.

Bookmark and Share