Immigration Naturalization Services

Written by Abby Luttrell
Bookmark and Share

There are many ways to avail yourself of immigration and naturalization services, and hiring a U.S. immigrations attorney may be your first step in taking advantage of these services. Naturalization is available for any U.S. resident who has been in the United States for five years. This is for the person who has received their green card and has fulfilled the residency requirement.

Naturalization Requirements

There are some exceptions to the five year rule. For example, a spouse of a U.S. citizen may apply for naturalization within three years, as long as they continue to be married to the U.S. citizen. Children of the applicant automatically become naturalized with their parent, if they are under the age of 18.

An applicant may be qualified by his military service for the United States. Applicants are required to know English, both reading and writing. They must pass a multiple choice test with questions on U.S. history and government.

Naturalization educational courses are recommended for applicants. Your attorney may also require an English-as-a-second-language course to prepare you for an oral test. U.S. immigration lawyers are trained to provide all relevant services for immigration and naturalization.

Bookmark and Share