Free Name Change Forms

Written by Helen Glenn Court
Bookmark and Share

Free name change forms, you ask? Name change forms are called for when you, for whatever reason, want to legally change your name from, for example, John or Joanna Q. Public to James or Jane R. Doe. It is easy enough to start using another name than the one you were born with or might have acquired at marriage. To change your name legally is more complex.

Free Name Change Forms Explained

Legal requirements and forms for name changes vary from state to state. This information is readily available and free. Name change forms can be free when you download them from an online legal resource. Depending on your state's requirements, you may have to pay a small fee to get your form notarized, but obtaining the form needn't cost you a thing. Reputable online legal resources can also fill out the form for you based on information you submit to them. All you'll need to do is sign the final copy.

As far as the Internal Revenue Service is concerned, your name as it is on file with the Social Security Administration is the name that counts. Remember the adage about death and taxes? Listen to the tax man. If you're operating under a different name than the one one file with the SSA, you should consider changing your name legally to avoid costly legal entanglements.

Free name change forms aren't all that you can get online. You can get any sort of legal document you need, and you can even get help filling it out. The best legal resource sites will ask you to send them your information and then will then fill it into their form for you, emailing you back the final copy to print out and sign. It couldn't get much easier, folks.

Bookmark and Share