Silver Jewelry

Written by Serena Berger
Bookmark and Share

Silver jewelry is one of the most common types of jewelry purchased. You can find silver bracelets, earrings, pendants, and rings--among many other types of pieces. Some people do not like the appearance of yellow gold with their skin tone or certain outfits, so silver jewelry may make the perfect gift for them.

What Is Sterling Silver Jewelry?

Much of the silver jewelry sold is billed as "sterling silver." Like gold, silver is a very soft metal. In order to make the jewelry more durable so that it can be worn on an everyday basis, jewelers often combine metals such as silver with other alloys to strengthen them. Sterling silver is 92.5 percent silver; the remaining 7.5 percent is usually copper.

You can also find a number of pieces of men's jewelry made in silver. Bracelets and rings are common accessories that fashionable men may wear, as they can be a subtle addition to any outfit. Though some men may shy away from wearing any jewelry, your partner may become inseparable from the simple silver ring with an inlaid design that you pick out for him, especially if he knows that you like the way it looks.

Silver jewelry can make a suitable gift for someone whom you care about but have only been dating for a short period of time. While a gold pendant might be interpreted as a sign that you want to get serious too fast, silver jewelry has an elegant appearance and can be quite beautiful, but the recipient will know that you're not pushing the two months' salary stage of jewelry shopping. If you're buying for yourself, it can simply be great to know that you can purchase a number of silver pieces for the price of a single piece of gold jewelry, allowing yourself a lot more variety in your jewelry box.


Bookmark and Share