What are the travel cribs? Why do you need them? How to choose the best one for your child? And the top 5 travel cribs available online. See these travel crib reviews to help with your decision making process!
It is interesting how parenting seems a lot simpler than it actually is. There are so many important factors to include, so many changes to make in your home, and, after all, so much money to spend on all the things you might need! Here is another article that will save your time, patience, and, luckily- money.
As parents, we try so hard to make our lives easier by using different gadgets and baby equipment that will help us to make through another day without so many tears and nervous breakdowns. One more gadget that might be very useful, especially if we travel a lot, is a travel crib.
A travel crib is nothing but a portable crib: perfect if you are moving around or traveling a lot.
What are the differences between the usual crib and the portable one?
- The portable cribs are light weighted and easy to pack in your car, or you can just carry it with you on a train or a plane.
- They are easy to set up and very foldable, so you can put them away when you don`t need them.
- They are very comfortable for your kid: most of the travel cribs today include soft mattresses which makes them perfect for daily naps.
- They are safe and will keep your child protected anywhere you go.
Now that you know what are the travel cribs and what is their purpose, let us remind you on some of things you must consider when you`re buying your first travel crib:
- What type of the crib do you need? There are two main types of travel cribs: there is the type that looks more like a portable crib and the other one that folds out to a mini cocoon like tent for the child. The first one is better for infants since it is much safer, and the other one is perfect for toddlers.
- Use and portability: It is important to see how easy is to set up and put away the crib. This will save you a lot of time and effort.
- The size of the crib: One of the most important factors of a travel crib is its weight and size – both when assembled and dissembled. It’s very important that it is small enough when dissembled to fit into your luggage/suitcase or trunk of the car but it’s also just as important that when it’s assembled it is big enough to fit your child for the time period you want to use it for.
- Comfort and material: Be careful with the materials and the mattresses: not all are the same. Pick a mattress that is thick enough but also try to find one that is made of natural fabrics. Also, air flow in the crib is very important factor.
- Safety: Of course, safety of our children always comes first. Things to consider are whether there is any space between the mattress and the crib, how sheets are held into place and whether the child could fall out of the crib.
And now, let`s take a look at these 5 travel crib reviews:
The Baby Bjorn travel crib provides your baby a safe, comfortable space for sleep or play at home or during travel. It is light weighted and portable: perfect to take along with you on all types of journeys since it weighs only 13 lbs. It sets up and puts away quickly. This travel crib includes a cozy mattress with a waterproof cover that is machine washable. Net fabric side panels make it easy to keep an eye on baby.
Pros: Lightweight, easy to carry and set up, machine washable material.
Cons: The price is not so affordable, too large to carry on a plane, taking down the crib a bit difficult.
Check out the BabyBjorn Travel Crib here.
This Graco Pack`n Play Playard is perfect for home or away, because your baby will be kept comfy and cozy. Has a durable frame which makes it perfectly suited for travel and the signature Graco push button fold allows you to break it down very quickly. It includes airy mesh on all sides which allows great air flow.
Pros: Lightweight, easy to set up.
Cons: Not the best design, a bit heavy when folded up, difficult to clean.
Check out the Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard, Aspery here.
Fold N’ Go Travel Bassinet-Folding Portable Bassinet. This portable bassinets meets safety regulations on the assembly of side and horizontal cradle with clear instructions. Comfortable mesh on two-sides makes it breathable and suitable from Birth to 24-months. With less than 3 pounds of weight, this Foldable baby bassinet can be used at Bedroom, living room, or anywhere you travel.
Pros: Lightweight, great for traveling and moving around house, good design.
Cons: Not as large as a typical pack and play.
Check out the Fold N’ Go Travel Bassinet-Folding Portable Bassinet here.
The Lotus Travel Crib is very light weighted and portable. It sets up in 15 seconds. You can easily carry it with you anywhere you go. This is the only crib available on the market that packs into backpack. The side doors can be zipped and secured.
It contains no flame retardants or phthalates. Includes a full-side breathable mesh. 16 CFR 1221 + ASTM F406-13A certified. Also, the Lotus Crib cover is removable and machine washable.
Pros: Portable, easy to set up, very comfortable and durable.
Cons: The mattress is too thin, the price is not so affordable.
Check out the Lotus Travel and Portable Baby Playard here.
The Graco Travel Lite Crib with Stages is specially designed to grow with baby from newborn to young toddler! You’ll have 3 stages of nursery right on your own bed. The portable crib folds easily and comes with a carrying bag for travel. Baby can sleep next to you longer!
Pros: Easy to set up and take down
Cons: The mattress is a little thin.
Check out the Graco Travel Lite Crib here.