Below we’ve taken a closer look at Evenflo, and more specifically, have given you the Evenflo Tribute LX car seat review that we think will help inform you as you make you buying decisions.
Car seats for children: Why, How and Which One?
When we ask parents what is the most important thing when it comes to their children, most of them would answer: safety. Safety in so many different ways, but today we will talk more about our kids being safe in a car. Since most of the people today couldn’t imagine their lives without a car, one of the most important issues is the safety of our kids during the drive. Especially today, when everybody is in a hurry 24/7.
There are so many elements to include here: The kid needs to be secured, but also she/he needs to feel comfortable, then there is the price, the type of material… But lately the only and the best possible option is to get a baby car seat. These, also called infant carriers, help you to take your baby conveniently while traveling.
It is mandatory, according to federal law, that children up to 60 pounds who travel in car should be protected in a baby car seat. And it is advisable to install the baby car seat well before the due date of the mom.
This way you can ensure proper fitting and safety to welcome the new kid. Parents should ensure that the baby car seat is of good quality and is secure for the newborn baby or a small child.
Here are some additional tips for buying a car seat:
Convertible car seat saves money: Newborns can sit in two kinds of car seats: a rear-facing infant seat, or a convertible seat (which faces the rear of the car at first, and later is turned toward the front). Convertible car seat is much better option because it lasts through toddlerhood, and it’s completely sound in terms of safety.
Safety standards: Make sure that the car seat you are looking to buy meets all applicable Federal Safety Standards and also Side Impact Test Standard for Structural Integrity. Again, you can never be too safe when it comes to your loved ones.
Look for adjustable straps: Check to see if straps of the car seat you’re buying will be easy to adjust as your baby grows. Ideally, you want straps that will not have to be rethreaded. Many brands now have adjustment handles in the back of the seat, or a pull cord between baby’s legs, that make rethreading a thing of the past.
5-point harness is a must: No matter if you’re purchasing an infant car seat or a convertible car seat, look for a model that has a 5-point harness ( that means: two shoulder straps, two waist straps, and one strap between the legs that meet in the middle), side-impact protection (extra foam or air pads at the side of baby’s head), and compatibility with the LATCH system (a way to fasten the base tightly without using seatbelts).
The Evenflo Company
The famous Evenflo company roots trace back 1920. Initially, the company was a manufacturer of products related to baby feeding. Their constant dedication to supporting parents, recognizing their needs and delivering innovative products, is something that continued to grow until today.
They are true partners to parents all over the world. To Evenflo family nothing is more important than the safety, wellbeing, and development of children. They are always trying hard to innovate and deliver best-in-class infant care and juvenile products that will make our lives easier, and our babies happier.
Some of the products that come from the Evenflo family are:
- Infant car seats for use rear facing.
- Convertible child seats for use rear facing and for use forward facing.
- All-in-one for use rear and forward facing, then as a harnessed and belt-positioning booster seat for bigger kids.
- Booster seats that feature harnessed and/or belt-positioning use with children who weigh up to 120 pounds.
- Full-size strollers that are appropriate from birth and up.
- Compact-fold strollers that are appropriate from 6 months and up.
- Modular strollers that are appropriate from 6 months (or from birth when used with an infant car seat) and up and can accommodate up to 2 children.
- But, knowing the tradition and the main mission of the Evenflo family, we are sure that there will be many more amazing products in years to come.
Evenflo is a brand which has been a leader in safety, innovation and education for almost a century. This product is another proof of their quality.
The Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat holds a rear-facing infant from 5 – 30 lbs. (height: 19 – 37 inches) and a forward-facing toddler from 22 – 40 lbs. (height: 28 – 40 inches). This car seat meets all applicable Federal Safety Standards and also Evenflo’ s Side Impact Test Standard for Structural Integrity, which uses energy levels approximately 2 times the Federal Crash Test Standard for multiple-shoulder harness positions.
The 4 shoulder strap positions on the Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat allow it to accommodate growing children longer, and the easy to access upfront harness adjustment and buckle release makes it convenient for simple harness adjusting.
The material used for this seat is made of polyester and the energy absorbing foam liner used provides additional safety and comfort for your infant or toddler. Harness covers, buckle covers and a plush head pillow will keep your infant or toddler comfortable during long journeys.
It is very easy to handle and look after: the seat is easy to remove and it is machine washable, the pad allows simple cleaning, and the plastic and metal parts can be wiped clean with mild soap and water. The lightweight and compact size of the Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat makes it great for vehicle fit and carrying.
All of these features along with the LATCH system, make the installation easier. The Evenflo Tribute LX adheres to that mission in providing a convertible car seat that combines safety, comfort and ease for the ultimate value in child restraints.
- Safety: It meets and exceeds all applicable Federal Safety Standards and also Evenflo’s Side Impact Test Standard for Structural Integrity.
- Price: It has a great value for a price which is very affordable.
- Light weighted: Compact size makes it great for vehicle fit and it is easy to carry.
- Comfortable: Harness covers, buckle covers and a plush head pillow will keep your child comfortable during long drives.
- Easy to adjust: It allows you to move and adjust the straps easily.
- Easy to clean: The cover is easily detached and machine washable.
- Sharp edges: This can be a bit dangerous since the plastic harness can hurt your child’s neck or cause some rash if you’re not too careful.
- The fabric: The fabric is way too thin. If it had some extra padding it would be much more comfortable for a child.
- LATCH: Although this system is great, it is very hard to install and it has to be manually unhooked.
Check out the Evenflo Tribute LX Car Seat here.