Just like people, Tempurpedic mattresses age and require proper maintenance as time passes by. It’s recommended to maintain the needed material for your mattress for it to be durable and functional for a longer period of time. You don’t need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars buying a new mattress after several years or months. You just have to know how to maintain and take care of your Tempurpedic mattress while enjoying the sleep you deserve with that special someone.
Types of Tempurpedic mattress
Whether you are buying a specific brand or just a general tempurpedic mattress typically there are 3-4 options of firmness. The options include soft, firm, medium, and medium hybrid. The soft version rates around 3 on the 10-point firmness scale, the medium option comes in at 5, and the firm option is around a 7, while the hybrid option has a medium (5) feel.
- The last thing you want to worry about when you’re lying in bed is whether or not you’ll be able to get a comfortable night’s sleep. TEMPUR-PRObreeze mattress has an exclusive 3-level system of cutting-edge materials that work together from cover to core to keep you cool all night long. The phase change material absorbs heat, releases it, then quickly reabsorbs it to keep you cool throughout the night. The result is world-class temperature regulation that conforms to your every movement. So you can have that deep slumber you’ve been craving.
- We all change over time. These days, it seems like comfort and support adjust to you, too. TEMPUR-Adapt brings new technology and materials to bear on the original TEMPUR-Pedic mattress. Their updated memory foam adjusts automatically to your changing body and sleep preferences so you can enjoy more restful sleep—day after day, year after year.
- Work all day then sink into a supportive and comforting night’s sleep. With the high-loft super-stretch grey upholstery and two layers, the Tempur-Pedic Cloud Prima adds a texture that feels inviting and luxurious with just enough stretch to provide soothing comfort. The TEMPUR material adapts to your movements with pressure relief where you need it most to provide a sleep surface that conforms to you.
How long does a Tempurpedic mattress last
The truth is, a Tempurpedic mattress can last anywhere between 5-10 years or more. Are you shocked by this figure? We certainly were when we first started our research. Here’s how they come up with that range: the base of a TempurPedic mattress (regular foam mattress) will last anywhere between 5-8 years, which is why you’ll find most owner manuals giving you a similar range of time. Then there are the layers on top – those last anywhere between 3-10 years. When they add all these together, you get a rough estimate from 7 to 10 years.
Tempurpedic mattress is a technology-based mattress. The mattress is made using a scientific method that has no similarity with other types of mattresses. Its outer material is composed of heat sensitive technology, and also air chambers for better comfort with pressure relief. Owners of Tempurpedic mattresses can have a restful sleep during the night because of these characteristics. But usually, Tempurpedic mattresses are expected to last for 10 years. Like we said, tempurpedic mattresses can last for 10 years on average, but it totally depends on some factors such as its shape, material, weight, pressure and so on. One perfect way to take care of your Tempurpedic mattress is to use a memory foam pillow while sleeping on the tempurpedic mattress.
How to take care of Tempurpedic mattress
Most people love their Tempurpedic mattress, but few people are pleased with how they look after a while. If a mattress is not properly cleaned and looked after, it can very quickly start to look tired. A dirty looking mattress can be unsightly and uncomfortable to sleep on. Here we show you the top tips for cleaning off those spills, and how to look after your mattress in between washes.
Electric blankets or heating pads
- Some people like to use electric blankets or heating pads on their mattress. It is recommended that customers monitor the surface temperature of the mattress with an infrared thermometer because some electric blanket and heating pad models raise the temperature enough to cause the TEMPUR material to become less responsive. If you are using an electric blanket or heating pad, please be sure to remove it after 30 minutes, even if it hasn’t warmed up your mattress much.
Mattress pads and covers
- Mattress pads and mattress covers, while they may offer more protection from stains, spills and so forth, will reduce the ability of your TEMPUR material to provide personalized comfort. If you use a traditional cover with your mattress, it should be a high-quality one that allows airflow, but does not create another layer between you and the mattress.
Cleaning the cover
- Your tempurpedic cover is probably removable. Mattress covers are designed to handle wetness and mess, which is why tempurpedic encapsulate their materials in waterproof covers
- First, try gently wiping the area with a soft clean cloth. If you have a stain removing product at home (such as shampoo or dish soap), blot the stain with the product and a clean cloth. If this is not successful, then remove all sheets, blankets and mattress pads from the bed. Putting these through a gentle cycle in the washing machine may get out any remaining stains. Dry them completely before putting them back on your Tempur-Pedic Mattress, and launder your sheets in gentle detergent. Water based stains, such as those from fruit juice or coffee can be cleaned right away after the spill occurs. If using a cleaning product please follow all the precautions for use for the cleaning agent. Soap and water are generally sufficient to cleanse the cover, but again – you should take extra care with hot substances
Benefits of Tempurpedic mattress
A good night’s sleep is a crucial step towards leading a healthy lifestyle. When you spend your time sleeping, you are essentially resting and recharging your batteries for the day ahead. Failing to get enough sleep can lead to numerous side effects that wreak havoc on your health and make it much more difficult to keep up with your daily responsibilities. The best way to avoid this is to invest in a comfortable and supportive mattress as there are many hidden health benefits to a quality mattress.
- The Tempur-Pedic mattress was originally developed by NASA. It has a viscoelastic/polyurethane foam which allows it to conform to the body and relieve pain associated with pressure points. The mattress also has memory foam which allows it to spring back into shape after you’re sitting or getting out of bed. It is great for anyone who suffers from lower back pain, shoulder pain, or any other kind of pain associated with pressure points in the body.
- Many people suffer from allergies as well as pain in their back or neck. The Tempur-Pedic mattress is designed to help with all of these symptoms. A Tempur-Pedic Mattress has special tempered material which allows it to contour to your body while you sleep. The body is aligned properly and the spine is properly curved which helps with back pain and prevents tension headaches. The mattress also contains a barrier guard that prevents dust mites and other allergens from invading your sleeping space. With an anti allergic tempur pedic mattress you can have a good night’s sleep while relieving any back or neck pain you may have and experiencing fewer allergy symptoms
Motion Transfer reduction
- If you are looking for a good mattress, one of the things to consider is how well it will be able to keep your partner from disturbing you. A memory foam mattress, as opposed to spring mattresses, for example, tends to have less motion transfer. With memory foam, you won’t wake up from your partner moving around in the night.
Help align your spine
- People who want a great night’s sleep should consider buying a Tempur-Pedic mattress. These mattresses are made from memory foam material that conforms to the shape of your body. Memory foam is famous for offering a very comfortable and restful sleep by lessening body aches and pains. Tempur-Pedic offers different comfort levels, giving you many options for a pain-free sleep.
The bottom line is that a Tempur-Pedic mattress, whether traditional or mattress or pillow, will drastically improve the quality of your life. If you are one of the millions of sleep deprived people in the world, then now is the time to make a change. You won’t regret it!