Diaper Disposal Systems: Playtex Diaper Genie Elite vs. Playtex Diaper Genie Essential
Playtex Diaper Genie Elite Diaper Disposal Pail
If you are looking for an easy, effective, and convenient way to keep your nursery odor and germ-free all the time, the Diaper Genie Elite Diaper Pail is the right thing for you! The Playtex Diaper Genie Elite features a double-locking design and a multilayer, refillable liner that helps perfectly seal in odors and germs. The ergonomic Diaper Pail is designed so there’s no need to bend down, and the foot pedal allows for easy, hands-free opening. The Diaper Genie Refill is designed so that dirty diapers only touch the refill film and not the pail, allowing the pail to stay clean with no mess. One Diaper Genie Refill can hold up to 270 newborn diapers, and a red indicator line on the bag lets you know when you need to replace the refill. The Diaper Genie Elite Diaper Pail features a double-locking design that seals in odors each time you drop in a diaper, helping to keep your nursery smelling fresh and clean. The built-in antimicrobial protection inhibits odor-causing bacteria.
The Diaper Genie Elite Diaper Pail is easy to set up without using any additional tools. For disposal of diapers when the pail is full, simply press the button on the front to open the unit, cut the bag with the built-in childproof cutter, and tie a knot at the top before throwing it away. Pull the refill bag to the full length of the Diaper Pail, tie a knot at the bottom, and close the pail back in place. In this incredible package, you will get a Diaper Genie Elite Diaper Pail and Diaper Genie Refill. No more troubles with odors and germs: this will save your life!
Diaper Genie Product Info:
- Leaves behind no residue
- Foot pedal system for ease of use
- Offers protection
- Patented double-lock pail design and multilayer refill helps seal in odors and germs
- Antimicrobial protection inhibits odor-causing bacteria
- Ergonomic design with foot pedal allows for easy, hands-free opening
- Pail holds up to 38 diapers
- Refill cassette holds up to 270 newborn diapers
Pros: Great solution to disposing of dirty diapers, no odors, and germs, easy to install and use.
Cons: The refills are not so cheap, the plastic components do not seem very durable.
If you are interested in this product, you can find out more about it right here!
Playtex® Diaper Genie® Essentials Disposal System
All parents will agree that a clean nursery is a happy nursery! Keep your nursery smelling fresh by controlling odors with the Diaper Genie® Essentials. Diaper Genie® Essentials design is something you are going to love. The Diaper Genie® Essentials Pail prevents odors unlike an ordinary pail and plastic bag. Take a look at its various features, all of which help keep odors out of your nursery and make our diaper pail a great option for you. This amazing system keeps away all of the odors and germs and you can be sure that every time you drop a baby diaper into the pail, the Push-N-Lock clamp helps seal in odors.
Diapering would be much easier if we had three hands, but another great feature of the Diaper Genie® Essentials is that you can use it with one hand! The one-handed design makes it incredibly easy to use: all you need to do is just lift the lid and toss the dirty diaper away. Because the Diaper Genie Essentials holds up to 34 newborn diapers at a time, while the Diaper Genie Refill holds up to 100 newborn diapers, all of the mothers can focus their time on the baby instead of making multiple trips to the trash bin. A 7-layer refill bag with barrier technology locks in odors and germs.
- Patented AIR-TITE system with Push-N-Lock clamp helps prevent odors from escaping
- Easy to use one-hand design
- Diaper pail holds up to 34 newborn diapers
- Diaper Genie Refill starter refill holds up to 100 newborn diapers
- 7-layer refill with barrier technology seals in odor and germs
- Offers protection
Pros: Very simple to use, very effective, good price, can be used for both baby diapers and doggie bags. Cheaper than the Elite set.
Cons: The bags are expensive, it is not so easy to pull out the garbage. Smaller pail and overall quality are not as great as the Elite set. However, this is still a great deal at this price!
If you want to know more about the Diaper Genie Essentials Pack, click here!
Playtex Diaper Genie Elite vs. Playtex Diaper Genie Essential:
Based on the reviews of the many customers who bought and used these Diaper Disposal systems, we have found out that:
- The Diaper Genie Elite is taller, doesn’t always close entirely, and the foot pedal is one more thing that could break. On the other hand, the foot pedal is convenient because you can use it one-handed.
- The Diaper Genie Elite is more expensive than the Diaper Genie Essential.
- The Diaper Genie Elite does offer a more ergonomic design with increased height and a foot pedal for hands-free operation.
- The Diaper Genie Essentials is better at keeping away the odors when disposing of a dirty diaper, due to its double-clamp AirLock design and new carbon filter.
- The Diaper Genie Essentials offers easier changing of the bags when they are full.
- The Elite is top-heavy which makes it a bit more cumbersome to remove a bag of diapers; however, if you keep your foot on the pedal during a change this will prevent the can from tipping over.
- The refills for carbon filters will be another added cost, but on a one-for-one basis, the comparison without filters is $27 more than the Essentials.
- Both require special bags.
If you are still not sure which of these two products would be better to buy, here are some additional factors you should take into consideration:
- Odor control: It is important how well does the system contain the odor of the disposed of diapers. This includes while it is sitting there doing nothing and when another used diaper is added to the bag.
- The total cost: You should calculate what is the estimated total cost of owning and using the system, including replacement diaper bag refills, over the estimated life of the product.
- The ease of diaper disposal: It is very important to see how easy is it to dispose of a dirty diaper with one hand, with a baby in the other. Or when you are in a hurry.
- The ease of changing a bag: Find out how easy is it to change a full bag of dirty diapers, and does the process create nasty vomit-inducing odors.
Hopefully, this article was able to help you pick between the Diaper Genie Elite and Essential packs! We know parenthood is full of tough decisions, we like to help make some of them easier!